Here are the steps to create viewlegs from a Full Body. (In the example it misses a head ^^)
NOTE: I’m using Maya 2016 so if you are using a different version, things may be on a different location.
- Open the Full Body model in maya.
- Drag ‘n Drop the the viewlegs.mel on the scene.
- Drag ‘n Drop the example_viewlegs.fbx on the scene (This will give a nice indication how it’s done)
- Go to the Modelling tab.
- Zero the X, Y Translations of the bend.
- Rotate it 90 degrees on the X
- Set the Lowbound 0 and the Highbound 2
- Adjust the curvature until it is pretty close to the example viewlegs if you have used it.
- Edit>Delete by Type>History
- Remove unnecessary parts from the model. (I use Mesh>Separate to split up the model, when you are done select the group u can delete the History as explained above.)
- Bind the model again, select j_mainroot and select hierarchy. Skin>Bind Skin (Any settings should be fine)
- Import the Full Body again and select all the meshes first, then you select the meshes of the viewlegs and Skin>Copy Skin Weights (Settings below)
- Done, export everything and import in APE.